In order to enroll for kindergarten at Independence Primary Schools, your child must be five years of age on or before August 1.

 If your child is currently an IPS preschooler, please disregard these instructions. A separate flyer will come home with your child.

Please review the following steps for kindergarten registration: 

1.         Visit our district webpage,, scroll down to the center of the page, and choose “Student Registration.” Once you are on this page, please expand the section under “Kindergarten Registration.”

2.         Follow the steps listed there including submitting the online registration through Final Forms, printing and completing the necessary paper forms, and scheduling your appointment time for either March 15th or April 12th through the linked Google Form.  You can also call Cindi Lu at 216-642-5870 ext. 1401 if you have any questions, concerns, or scheduling conflicts.

3.         At your March 15 or April 12 appointment, the office staff will review your registration paperwork and copy the required documents. At the same time, your child will be screened for kindergarten. 

4.         The Kindergarten Readiness Assessment (KRA) will be administered to your child at an assigned time during the first few days of school.

Please noteThe following items are needed to complete your child’s registration and must be brought to your scheduled appointment time on either March 15  or April 12.

Your child will not be able to start kindergarten without proper residency documents.

●      Personal identification in the form of a photo ID of the legal custodian of the child(ren) being registered

●      Residency Affidavit (Notarized) (Needs to be signed in the presence of a notary.)

●      Rental Affidavit (Notarized), if applicable (Needs to be signed in the presence of a notary.)

●      Purchase Agreement, Title, Deed, HUD-1, or Lease Agreement

●      Two additional proofs of residency (examples listed): Employment/Payroll Record, Recent Utility Bills, Voter Registration, Income Tax Record, or Insurance Record

●      Original/Certified Birth Certificate or Passport (will copy and return to you)

●      Custody Papers, if applicable

●      Child’s immunization records