Independence Local Schools News Article

Independence Primary School Kindergarten Registration Now Open

Kindergarten registration for the 2020-21 school year for Independence Primary School has begun.  In order to enroll in kindergarten, the child must be five years of age on or before August 1.  Current Independence Primary School Pre-K students entering Kindergarten for 2020-2021 school year DO NOT need to fill out enrollment forms. The following steps for kindergarten registration are as follows:

1.     Please visit our district webpage, click on the “Schools” tab and then select “Independence Primary School.” At this point, you will be taken to the Primary School’s web page. On the left-hand side, choose the “Kindergarten Registration” tab. You will then be directed to the designated page for kindergarten registration.

2.     After you have completed your on-line registration forms and printed the necessary forms, please be sure to click “save & submit to district.”

3.     After you have completed your online registration forms, please call Jen Mosgo at 216-642-5870, ext. 1443 to schedule your appointment time for either April 21, 22, or 23.

4. At your April 21, 22, or 23 appointment, the office staff will review your registration paperwork and copy required documents. At the same time, your child will be screened for kindergarten.

5.     The Kindergarten Readiness Assessment (KRA) will be administered to your child at an assigned time during the first three days of school.

Please note: The following items are needed to complete your child’s registration and must be brought to your scheduled appointment time on any one of these days April 21, April 22 or April 23.

Personal identification in the form of a photo ID of the legal custodian of the child(ren) being registered

- Two additional proofs of residency (examples listed): Employment/Payroll Record, Recent Utility Bills, Voter Registration, Income Tax Record, or   Insurance Record
- Residency Affidavit (Notarized) (Needs to be signed in the presence of a notary.)
- Rental Affidavit (Notarized), if applicable (Needs to be signed in the presence of a notary.)
- Purchase Agreement, HUD-1, or Lease Agreement
- Original/Certified Birth Certificate or Passport (will copy and return to you)
- Custody Papers, if applicable
- Child’s immunization records (In order to attend school in August, your child is required by Ohio law to have immunizations and an Emergency Medical Authorization on file with the primary school.)

Print This Article
View text-based website