As an Ohio public school district, there are several assessments mandated by state and federal law. The assessment windows, score reporting, and nature of these tests can change due to legislative changes at the state and federal level. Below is a list of some of the mandated assessments used at Independence Local Schools.
1. End-of-Course Exams
2. Ohio State Tests (currently referred to as AIR)
3. Gifted & Superior Cognitive Screening
5. Reading & Math Benchmarking
6. Third Grade Reading Guarantee (Third Grade Language Arts)
7. Ohio's Alternative Assessment for Students with Significant Cognitive Disabilities (AASCD)
8. Kindergarten Readiness Assessment (KRA)
Your child's building principal will communicate information regarding assessment in a timely manner. This information will include testing windows, dissemination of student scores, make-up testing, and information regarding how specific tests impact your child's learning path at Independence Local Schools.
As a Parent:
You have the right to ask about assessment information at any time from the building principal, director of pupil services, director of curriculum, or the superintendent.