Welcome to Independence Local Schools!
Independence Local Schools consists of a primary, middle, and high school and has dedicated and experienced faculty and support staff. With more than 1,000 enrolled students, it serves the approximately 7,100 residents of the Independence, a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. I am excited to serve the Independence Local Schools as superintendent and promise to continue our tradition of academic excellence and I-Pride. Our community—the students, families, and staff are top notch. While this is a challenging time for public education, with any challenge comes the opportunity to excel. I have no doubt that we're up to the challenge and I look forward to collaborating with our leadership team and staff.
We have . . .
Please join our I-Pride Family, and become involved in the programs and services that we offer our students. Don’t hesitate to attend a game, activity or event, and witness the excitement our students have in being a part of our I-Pride Team. Please continue to visit our district webpage for the posting of events and activities, as we would love to see you at a game or event.
- Excellent Academic Ratings
- Consistent Excellent or Higher Rankings on Ohio Department of Education’s Report Card year after year, now in 10th consecutive year, with students meeting ALL 26 indicators.
- The district’s Performance Index was within the top 50 of all school districts in the state the past two years, and within the top 10 in Cuyahoga County. A district's Performance Index is based on the average achievement level of all state assessments given during a school year, both Ohio Achievement Assessments (OAA's) and Ohio Graduation Tests (OGT's).
- The district has had at least one grade-level OAA or OGT with a perfect 100% passage rate for the past three years. In fact, three tests had 100% passage in 2011-2012.
- Independence High School Recognized by U.S. News & World Report, Newsweek, Washington Post, Gerber Analytics as “Nationally Recognized School of Excellence” and one of top 100 high schools in Ohio
- Independence Primary School is a two-time U.S. Department of Education Nationally Recognized Blue Ribbon School of Excellence
Please be extremely careful as you enter the school campus areas, as we pride ourselves on maintaining a safe and secure environment for our children.
Independence Local Schools
Administrative Assistant to Superintendent, Assistant Superintendent,
Director of Curriculum and Technology Integration and Pupil Services
216-642-5850 ext 1102