1. All high school students are required to complete a minimum of forty (40) hours of service learning toward graduation. Follow the guidelines below to earn service hours:
a. Hours cannot be performed for family, relatives, or profit-making organizations.
b. Hours will be given only for service for which a student is not paid. Hours cannot be given for doing a job that is normally a paid position and choosing not to be paid.
c. If the activity or agency is posted on the bulletin board, website, or in the community service booklet and meets all of these guidelines the activity is automatically approved by the community service coordinator.
d. Students must provide their own transportation to and from their community service site(s).
e. Service hours can only be earned after school, on weekends, during summer vacation, and any other scheduled days off of school.
2. Ninth grade students may begin accumulating their community service hours the day after school ends.
3. Students must complete all 40 hours to participate in Senior Project and to attend Prom their senior year.
4. Community Service hours are due MAY 1ST of each student’s senior year.
5. Students are expected to uphold the integrity and good name of I.H.S. by conducting themselves with courtesy and concern for all persons involved, by wearing clothing that is appropriate to the activity and by following the student regulations as outlined in the Student Handbook.THESE HOURS MUST BE COMPLETED TO GRADUATE!